You are already drinking lemon water because you know it’s good for you, refreshing and calorie free.
How about adding another element of nutrition and flavor to that hydrating elixir……HONEY!
We know lemon is high in vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals. We know honey is antibacterial, antifungal and good for digestion among other things.
Adding honey and lemon together in warm water and putting it at the top of the list to drink at the start of each day, your body will thank you.
This combo has many benefits.
- Improved digestion and strengthening of the gut health. Drinking lemon and honey together helps the body produce bile which aids in fat digestion.
- lemon and honey boosts metabolism. The citric acid helps convert food into energy.
- Your immune system will get a boost. The vitamin C from the lemons is anti-inflammatory and the honey is antibacterial and anti-fungal. Together, they work well to fight against colds, flu and respiratory infection.
- You will get a boost in your energy as honey is an energy food composed of fructose and glucose
- Lemon and honey are good liver detox foods. The vitamin C helps produce glutathione, the master antioxidant and honey serves as a diuretic, both working together to eliminate toxins in your urine.
- The collagen production from lemon honey water will help to create beautiful skin and a healthy complexion.
- When mixed with water, honey and lemon increase peristalsis in the GI tract and help relieve constipation.
Start your day with this powerful combination.
Squeeze half of a fresh lemon in lukewarm water. Add a teaspoon of really good honey and mix well. Drink after you brush your teeth. Your body will reward you with good things.