I have been consuming organic liquid turmeric daily for 20 years now.
I swear that the reason I don’t have any Multiple Sclerosis related aches and pains is my daily dose of turmeric. Many of my fellow MS acquaintances, frequently reflect on their unfortunate MS related aches and pains. Why don’t I have pain? I truly believe it is my clean lifestyle and my turmeric consumption.
Turmeric (the golden spice) originated in India and Pakistan but is now found worldwide. I get a special organic turmeric tincture. You can find turmeric on any spice shelf in grocery stores and any supplement shelf in health food stores. You can buy turmeric root in it’s raw form to put in smoothies or use in cooking. You can buy powdered turmeric for cooking, and a liquid tincture which is what I prefer.
Curcumin is the active compound in turmeric.
Turmeric can add so much to your health if used daily. It’s composition of vitamins, fiber, minerals and photochemicals, fatty acids and amino acids has so much to offer. It contains
- People often say to me that my skin is so clear and radiant. That’s a nice thing to hear people say. Part of that healthy skin, I must thank turmeric for.
- Turmeric is very high in antioxidants that fight off free radicals. This is important to stave off oxidative damage internally.
- Turmeric supports heart health. I always have perfect blood pressure despite the fact that I’m pretty sedentary compared to my days of fitness pre-MS.
- The curcumin aids in keeping your digestive system running smoothly. It is from the ginger family and we all know ginger is good for your tummy.
- Turmeric is very “anti-inflammatory” which is my number one reason for including it in my daily regime. Keeping inflammation at bay benefits health in every way. I recently had my “inflammation” tested and I am happy to report that my markers for inflammation are in the low end of the health range. That’s a good thing.
- With the high antioxidant values in turmeric, it’s definitely a body boost to help reduce your risk of developing cancer.
- Turmeric is an immunity booster helping your body to fight off flu, colds, and other illnesses.
- We need hormone balance in our bodies for many functions. Nervous system, digestion, muscle function, sleep, mood and so much more are affected by hormone balance. Turmeric helps balance hormones without the harmful synthetic pharmaceutical options.
- Turmeric cleanses the liver of toxins
- Taking turmeric daily can help you keep a healthy body weight.
- A daily teaspoon of turmeric in your diet in meals, smoothies or on it’s own is a real boost to your bodies ability to fight off Alzheimer’s. We all know how sad it is when we watch a loved one lose themselves in the ravage of dementia and Alzheimer’s. Curcumin is absorbed in the blood and sent directly to the areas of the brain in need. It fights protein deposits that contribute to brain degradation in Alzheimer’s.
- As an anti-inflammatory, turmeric will help reduce pain associated with arthritis which is an inflammation in one’s joints. There is a study that shows that 1500 mg of turmeric daily has the same analgesic properties of 800 mg of ibuprofen. I pick the herb over the pill any day.
So with all of these benefits in this amazing superfood, I would seriously consider adding it to your arsenal. I take 2 big squirts of my turmeric tincture into my smoothie every morning. I can’t taste it as it is blended in with all of the other ingredients. I also take 2 turmeric capsules as “added insurance”.
As a footnote, turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for more than 4000 years. It’s one of the oldest known medicines in human history.
Get in the habit of treating your body to this golden elixir daily. It can’t hurt…only help.