There is just no denying it….broccoli is the best veggie for our health.
Broccoli has been studied extensivily and there’s no question that it is the most potent vegetable on our plate.
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable in the family containing cauliflower, cabbage, kale, bok Choy, Brussels sprouts and similar green leafy vegetables.
We should be eating broccoli or a derivative of it throughout the week. Most of us fall short of consuming enough broccoli. In my house I try to use broccoli daily by cutting up raw florets and adding them to our salads, tossing a bit in my smoothies, adding to pasta sauces, using in casseroles etc. I also use broccoli sprouts on our salads or in sandwiches. Broccoli sprouts are even more powerful than broccoli.
Let me break down the reasons why broccoli is a must to include in our nutrition regime:
- A very rich source of vitamin C and K. A one cup serving contains well over the recommended daily dietary allowance of these two important vitamins.
- Broccoli contains great amounts of Vitamins A, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), B6, folate (B9) and vitamin E.
- contains minerals potassium, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, selenium, calcium, iron and zinc.
- lots of fiber good for digestion
- antioxidants and phytonutrients
Broccoli is best eaten raw but including it in your diet in any way is better than not at all.
Some of the many benefits of consuming broccoli regularly:
- bowel health
- helps slow down the aging process calming oxidative stress
- healthy aging
- boosts immune system
- strong bones and joints
- supports heart health
- healthy skin
- energy booster
- and more……
I now take Mercola’s FERMENTED BROCCOLI on a daily basis as insurance that I’m getting the benefits of daily consumption of this powerhouse veggie.
There are many ways to up your intake of this bountiful beauty.