Another year has flown by and we find ourselves on the doorstep of Thanksgiving 2017.
We all have so much to be thankful for. It’s a good time of year to revisit your list of things to be grateful for. In this busy world we tend to take many things for granted and forget that there are so many blessings in our lives.
I have written posts about gratitude in the past. It’s a great exercise for me to write about gratitude again as I am reminded of all of the wonder, love, friendship and “stuff” I am thankful for.
Unfortunately we make this gratitude exercise a once a year, at Thanksgiving thing, when it should be a daily practice. Each morning before our feet hit the floor after a restorative nights sleep we should take stock of all the wonderful things in our lives. We don’t take a second thought about these blessings in our busy day. We just get up and go.
I find if I take stock of my blessings early in the day, I’m happier throughout the day because I’ve brought all of the good things in my life to the front of my thoughts. It sets my mood and puts me in a “happy place”. Being grateful is a healthy mindset.
It is said that grateful people are healthier people as they take care of their bodies by engaging in better health practices like whole foods nutrition, exercise, meditation, adequate sleep and overall healthy lifestyles. It is also said that grateful people are more optimistic and less stressed. An “attitude of gratitude” is good for your overall health and wellness.
I have called gratitude my “VITAMIN G” in earlier posts. And if you focus on being grateful on a daily basis then it will benefit your physical and emotional body just as good if not better than all of those vitamins we take on a daily basis.
Just to remind me and maybe remind you….there are so many things in our existence we need to acknowledge.
- Our magnificent body and all it does for us to survive day to day from breathing, digesting, sleeping, talking, smelling, tasting, seeing, hearing, walking, lifting etc. Oh what a marvel the human body is. Thank you to our creator.
- I’m grateful for the support I get from my sweetie, my friends and family. Without their love and support I would have a bigger struggle when dealing with my limitations from MS. Thank you to all of you. You know who you are!
- Family is so important. I’m fortunate to have been born into and raised in a large and close knit family. I love and cherish all of my siblings and my wonderful parents. My beautiful Mom is amazing. My father, who is no longer with us, was a great man. I’m grateful for my sister-in-law. She is a beautiful soul. I’m grateful for my step children and our 6 beautiful grandchildren. And of course, I’m grateful for our four legged family members too. They provide so much unconditional love.
- Wholesome and organic food is available to keep us nourished. I’m so happy that I can find healthy foods in this world of toxic, processed, convenience foods. I will go to the end of the world to keep my sweetie and I eating clean food as close to the way Mother Nature has intended it.
- Peace and quiet is what we seek for our lives now. Since changing our crazy lifestyle several years ago we have stepped into a beautiful and peaceful existence. We are grateful for the change in our ways and finding our quiet place.
- Having a roof over our head, clothes on our backs and a comfortable bed to rest in is something we don’t take for granted. We feel safe and protected in our sanctuary.
- Living in a safe, clean and civilized country is a privilege that we always realize and are thankful for.
These are just a few of the many things we should be most appreciative of.
There is strength that comes when living with a grateful heart.
On this Thanksgiving and every day throughout the year…take stock of your beauty, privilege, health, family, friends, where you live etc. You will live a happier existence from the exercise of living in GRATITUDE!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2017!