Neem is a very popular herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. It has a wide range of uses in the world of natural health and wellness.
I use Neem oil in my teeth brushing regime. But there are many other good uses that I will outline in this post.
1. Neem is good for skin abrasions or sores. It is anti-inflammatory and helps to calm down inflamed and irritated skin. I use Neem when I have a patch of dry skin or a blemish on my face. Just a little dab mixed with a bit of coconut oil is wonderful for the skin.
2. As mentioned, I use Neem Enamelizer from Living Libations when brushing my teeth. Neem being a powerful antibacterial helps to keep my mouth healthy. It prevents gum disease and cavities and cleans up any bacteria that may be sitting in between your teeth or around your gums. You can get some Neem Enamelizer by clicking the Living Libation Banner at the bottom of this page. I put a few drops on my dry toothbrush along with some other great teeth products from Living Libation. My teeth are clean and white and my gums are healthy…naturally. I don’t need to use all of those crazy harsh conventional products touting “healthy teeth and gums”. My Neem Enamelizer works great. Trust me.
3. You can drink Neem tea to help rid your body of intestinal parasites. Yukk…what a thought. But did you know that your body is full of parasites of different kinds. Some performing good things but some can wreak havoc with your digestive health. Neem tea can help if you think you have unwanted guests living in your temple. The Neem tea also helps to support a healthy GI tract aiding in the digestion process.
4. A paste made with Neem powder is great for the treatment of cold sores and warts.
5. Neem is very high in antioxidant properties which helps to fight off free radicals that can lead to illness. Drinking water with a few drops of neem oil in it is a good elixir to ward off possible coughs and colds.
6. If you have arthritic or aching muscles and joints mix a bit of neem oil with coconut oil and massage this into your aches and pains for soothing relief.
7. You can add a few drops of neem oil to a spray bottle with water and spray your gardens to keep pests away.
8. There have been studies showing that when neem is injected around a cancerous tumor there is shrinkage of the tumor. That is powerful.
9. Neem is a good liver supporter too. It is helpful with detoxing.
10. In India neem is used in soaps, cosmetics and body creams.
It is advised that neem oil should not be taken by pregnant women or children.
As I mentioned earlier…my favorite way to use Neem is when brushing my teeth or as a skin treatment. But there are so many good uses for Neem.
Buy a good quality oil. Living Libations has the enamalizer and they also have the Neem oil in their essential oils section. Remember a little goes a long way.