Gone are the days of “white” vinegar in our household. Our “go to” vinegar for culinary and many other uses is “APPLE CIDER VINEGAR”. I’m sure you have heard of it or have noticed it on the shelf of your favorite grocery store…. but have you tried it?
Apple Cider Vinegar is gaining popularity, not only for good taste, but also because it is a major contributor to good health. Apple Cider vinegar is used daily in our kitchen and other rooms in the house. My favorite brand is Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar.
When buying apple cider vinegar you should be looking for “raw, organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered” and one that contains the “mother”. The “mother” is the cloudy sediment you can see in the liquid. The “mother” is where the nutrients, enzymes and beneficial bacteria hang out. By purchasing the vinegar with these characteristics to it you will get the good quality health benefits from the vinegar.
I will go through the many benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for you:
– ACV is very good for digestion. If you drink a cup of warm water with a tablespoon of ACV in it before you enjoy a meal, this pre-meal beverage will help with digestion of that meal.
– ACV is a hair rinse and helps to wash away buildup on your hair. This rinse also helps to stimulate the scalp to assist in new hair growth.
– ACV, consumed regularly, can be preventative or can help eliminate urinary and bladder infections.
– ACV has been used successfully in the treatment of Psoriasis. You can use it like you would a skin toner applied to a cotton ball and rub it on your face to eliminate blemishes too.
– ACV is used in some weight loss regimes as it helps to break down fat to be used for energy.
– ACV makes a great mouthwash. Mix it with water and give it a swish. It is very antiseptic.
– ACV is used as a tonic for reducing heartburn.
– ACV can be added to your bath water to help draw out toxins. Just add 2 or 3 tablespoons to the water and have a good soak.
– ACV is a good food for helping to keep your PH balance in your body. It works similar to lemons or limes to keep your body more alkaline than acidic.
– ACV makes a great addition to a foot soak. If you have aching or swollen feet from wearing high heels too long or for whatever reason, soak your feet in warm ACV and water and your feet will thank you.
– ACV can be used to soothe sunburn and insect bites.
– ACV can be used on your pets as a daily health tonic. It will deter fleas and tics and mosquitoes, and help with your pets skin.
– ACV is a delicious vinegar to cook with.
– ACV makes a fantastic vinegar for using in your salad vinaigrette.
– ACV is a great vinegar to use as a non-toxic household cleaner, deodorizer and disinfectant.
There are so many more uses for Apple Cider Vinegar. Of course the one that means the most to me is the health benefits I gain from using raw, organic Apple Cider Vinegar instead of all of the other regular and flavored vinegars available today. If you use vinegar in your household for any reason then why not get the best one….the one you will gain health promoting benefits from.