We are one of the countries mentioned in this short video by Joseph Keon noting high milk consumption. As Mr. Keon says in this clip, those milk moustaches are not as good as we have been led to believe.
Did you know that humans are the only species on earth that consume the milk of another species….seems strange doesn’t it.
Since I started on my health journey a good 18 years ago….I was told to stay away from cow’s dairy. I followed that advice and I’m so glad I did.
There are many valid reasons to give up the white stuff.
1. Drinking milk does not reduce fracture risk.
2. Countries that drink the least amount of cow’s milk have the least amount of Osteoporosis.
3. Vitamin D has far more bone protection than calcium.
4. Higher consumption of calcium and dairy products may increase cancer risk. Dairy consumption raises the bodies level of IGF-1 (insulin like growth factor-1) a known cancer promoter.
5. Dairy may contribute to colon cancer.
6. 75% of the population is unable to digest milk and dairy products – known as lactose intolerance.
There are so many non-dairy beverages that go amazing in recipes that call for milk or on cereal etc. I prefer almond milk or rice milk myself.
Dairy contributes to other health issues such as allergies, ear infections, chronic constipation and maybe even Type 1 Diabetes.
Dairy is full of saturated fat. This stuff is not good for your heart.
If you are a milk drinker…..maybe you should try and wean yourself off of this and switch to a non-dairy option.
It can only improve your health.