(taken from a handout from Hippocrates where wheatgrass is the foundation of their protocol)
Since I mentioned in my blog that I am drinking two 2 ounce shots of wheatgrass every day thanks to my Hippocrates experience I thought this would be a good time to tell you all of the benefits of drinking fresh pressed wheatgrass on a daily basis.
Fresh wheatgrass is rich in vitamins A, C, D and K and the complete B-Complex and B-17, chlorophyll, and beta carotene.
Drinking wheatgrass on a regular basis helps your body to produce strong and healthy red blood cells and these healthy cells carry oxygen throughout your body.
Wheatgrass is an amazing detoxifier and assists in the removal of heavy metals. The chlorolpyll purifies your organs and blood.
Wheatgrass is an optimal energizer. Just 2 ounces of juice is the equivalent nutrition to about three pounds of fresh vegetables and there are over one hundred vitamins and minerals in the juice.
There are several additional ways wheatgrass will serve you well:
- Wheatgrass is 70% chlorophyll. It is a crude chlorophyll so can be taken orally or administered as a colon implant following a colonics treatment.
- Chlorophyll is the “blood of plants” and is the basis of all plant life.
- As with most green plants wheatgrass contains high amounts of oxygen. Your body and brain perform at optimal levels when in a highly oxygenated state.
- It is anti-bacterial and can be used inside or outside the body to heal.
- As stated by Dr. Bernard Jensen, it only takes a minute to digest wheatgrass so it involves very little body energy.
- Chlorophyll halts the growth of unfriendly bacteria.
- Wheatgrass rebuilds the bloodstream.
- Wheatgrass can restore fertility. High magnesium content builds enzymes that restore sex hormones.
- Wheatgrass has been found to contain over 100 elements needed by the human body.
- Wheatgrass is a fantastic detox agent compared to other fruit and veggie juices.
- The chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body and neutralizes toxins. It helps purify the liver and improves blood sugar issues.
- Prevents tooth decay.
- Is a wonderful body deoderant.
- Good for a sore throat.
- Good for eczema and psoriasis.
- Helps to keep your hair from turning gray.
- Improves digestion.
- Great for bowel issues such as constipation.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
AND SO MUCH MORE.
I grow my own wheatgrass in my home and harvest it for juicing. I drink it every day as part of my “health” regime. When I am not in the position to grow my own wheatgrass I can purchase it grown, cut and bagged from wheatgrass growers. One of my favorite Canadian suppliers is a company called Salt Spring Island Wheatgrass. They are located on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, the west coast of Canada. I spend part of my year out there so when I am there I arrange to meet Chris, the owner of the operation every Tuesday to get my weeks supply. There are some great raw and vegetarian restaurants on Vancouver Island such as Bliss and Rebar that offer wheatgrass shots on their menus. That wheatgrass comes from Salt Spring Island Wheatgrass and the website is www.saltspringwheatgrass.ca . Jim, Chris’s husband, operates a wonderful raw kitchen on Salt Spring Island called Rawsome Living Foods where he creates delicious raw cuisine and offers classes in raw food preparation. His web address is www.rawesomelivingfoods.ca. Chris and Jim are a lovely couple who are definately living the Raw Vegan Lifestyle and doing it very well.
When I am in the U.S. I am able to get my wheatgrass from Whole Foods.
I must add that growing wheatgrass insmall flats in your home is a very easy and rewarding thing to do.